|The following is a list of some of the main components of a marine engine survey:
- Bulkhead to bulkhead visual inspection of the engine room.
- Inspect hoses and hose clamps on auxiliary, machinery, engine wiring, sea water and fresh water hosed on engines and generator.
- Inspect fresh water system, testing on main engines and generator if applicable.
- Perform internal engine inspection if applicable.
- Hook up analog gages to compare and monitor crank case pressure, boost pressure, water temp, oil temp, engine rpm's at sea trial.
and compare results to factory spec's.
- Test transmissions for worn out clutch packs, compare both gear boxes under load.
- Cylinder compression test if necessary.
- Oil samples delivered in 48 hours within the State of Florida (excluding weekends).
- Go over findings and recommendation with potential buyer in person or by phone.
- Written survey report delivered in 48 hours in most cases within the State of Florida (excluding weekends).